Research Technician I
Full Time in Brooklyn, NY
The Research Technician uses techniques of cell biology and tissue culture in assisting the tissue engineering product development.
Cultures primary human cells for expansion. Evaluates biological materials and reagents for use in manufacturing of clinical grade tissue engineered products and obtains proper documentation pertaining to those materials.
Performs biochemical assays including quantitative analysis (collagen, hydroxyproline, ALP, calcium, DNA and glucose), flow cytometry, LIVE/DEAD staining and imgaing, ELISA, and PCR.
Conducts library research and literature searches using various mainframe, and personal computer systems. Keeps abreast of scientific literature and new developments in the field. Attends weekly meetings to present, discuss and evaluate current projects and scientific literature.
BS degree in biology, biomedical engineering, and/or related fields (required) with 0-1 year of relevant experience. GPA 3.0 or higher is required. Independent research experience outside of laboratory course work is strongly desired.
- Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor in order to support R&D bioprocess
- Prepare and maintain detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations
- Perform biochemical assays and handle biologic materials from human subjects
- Optimize SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) as needed
- Present data to other scientists at laboratory meetings
Highly Desired Requirements
Knowledge of basic biochemistry and molecular biology methods preferred. Prior experience in the area of general biochemical and protein analysis (e.g. colorimetric assays, enzymatic assays, immunofluorescence staining, ELISA, Westerns, etc), cell culture and general laboratory techniques (centrifugation, pipetting, making buffers, etc.). Use and care of microscopes, pH meters, thermometers, and other analytic tools.
- Produce consistent and accurate results
- Check work for accuracy before completion of tasks
- Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-initiative, and team work ability
- Maintain accurate record of all tests performed, documenting test results
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to lift 25lbs over more on a regular basis.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EpiBone, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EpiBone ,Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
**Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and CV for consideration to: email@example.com.