Full Time in Brooklyn, NY
The Administrative Assistant ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of the office by supporting the work of management and other staff.
Answers general phone and email inquiries in a friendly and professional manner, and appropriately directs such inquiries to the appropriate staff member. Greets clients, suppliers, vendors, visitors, and delivery persons to the organization, and responds appropriately to their needs.
Responsible for the ordering, tracking, receiving, and organization of office and laboratory supplies, as well as the maintenance of such relevant storerooms and supply closets. Retrieves and sorts incoming mail, fax, and courier deliveries for distribution.
Assists in general financial management by managing general accounts payable/receivable activities. This includes the manual generation of purchase orders, appropriate coding of financial transactions, and resolving/troubleshooting payment issues with the appropriate parties/vendors.
Associate’s Degree in a relevant field is required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least 1-3 years of experience in an administrative position is required.
- Maintains office equipment (e.g. printers, wireless routers, etc.), as well as monitoring and managing corporate systems and services (e.g. conference room bookings, liaising with building management, conference lines, etc.)
- Assists in the organization and implementation of events, corporate meals, general meetings, etc.
- Maintains appropriate levels of food and drink in the kitchenette and conference room.
- Monitors and resolves general cleanliness issues in all office and stockroom room areas.
- Develops and maintains filing systems as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, maintenance of contact lists, as well as creating and maintaining databases as assigned.
- Organizes and schedules appointments and meetings as necessary.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Highly Desired Requirements
Previous experience in a healthcare, scientific, finance, or start-up environment is highly desired. Well-qualified candidates will also have prior experience with financial systems, and have a general knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-initiative, and problem solving ability
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to lift 25lbs over more on a regular basis.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EpiBone, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EpiBone ,Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
**Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and CV for consideration to: email@example.com.